The Extel Survey began in 1974 with 53 asset management firms giving their views on the advice they were getting from their research analysts at stockbroking houses.
Extel is the foremost independent evaluation of quality across the European equities investment industry. Widely valued expertise in Developed & Emerging Europe, Middle East, North Africa, and Frontier Markets, Extel provides valued insights on hot topics such as social responsibility, the impact of MiFID II and unbundling.
In March 2018, Euromoney Institutional Investor plc acquired Extel, integrating Extel into the Institutional Investor Research business, internationally recognised for its Sell-side and Corporate performance research and rankings. The acquisition combines best practices across both products and further strengthens the value proposition we continually strive to produce for our clients. Collectively, our mission is to be the first-choice and independent validation source of qualitative market intelligence for Equities, Fixed Income and Corporate Executive Team performance globally.
The Extel 2016 Survey saw over 14,000 investment professionals cast 1.1 million votes across the investment industry providing an unparalleled dataset to help you analyze and drive your market understanding.
In 2014, Extel was acquired by WeConvene, a revolutionary corporate access platform. Using the latest technology, we will expand our client solutions and enhance the integrity of the Extel product suite.
The Extel team is based in London and led by David Enticknap.
- 1999Acquired by Thomson Reuters and the start of the transformation of Extel into the leading Pan-European Survey.
- 2000Both collection of nominations and delivery of results happen online for the first time.
- 2014Acquired by WeConvene and an increasing focus placed on leveraging new technology solutions offering a global corporate access platform, Extel market surveys, bespoke studies and an integrated broker voting service.
- 2016Record number of participants (over 14,000 investment professionals) and votes cast (1.1 million).
- 2017Initial integration steps between WeConvene & Extel undertaken to position Extel for the next exciting phase of growth.
- 2018Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, the international business information and events group, acquired 100% of Extel from WeConvene.